Recently my mom bought a waffle/omelet maker from Cuisinart to keep up at the cottage. While I didn’t have all of the ingredients I needed to make waffles from scratch, the Bisquick version turned out pretty great! I jazzed these up a bit for Easter by adding some vanilla, cocoa and chopped up mini eggs. I can’t wait to try all of the yummy waffle recipes I found on Pinterest next
Happy Easter Everyone!
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable shortening
- 4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 chopped Cadbury mini eggs
- Heat waffle iron and brush with a little bit of vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- Stir ingredients until blended.
- Follow waffle iron instructions and bake until lightly browned.
- Serve topped with fresh fruit, maple syrup and whipped cream.