I love how easy it is to make nut butter in the food processor. You only need a few ingredients and you can get creative and mix it up! Melissa, this recipe is for you
- 1 1/2 cup peanuts (unsalted)
- 1/4 heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp oil (I used canola, don’t use olive!)
- 1 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Process peanuts in the food processor until peanuts break down into a paste, scraping down the sides as necessary, about 3-5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips either in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove. Set aside to cool slightly.
- With the motor of the food processor running, slowly pour in the oil and process until a smooth butter forms.
- Add in the melted chocolate, and process until combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder, salt and vanilla extract, and process until well-combined.