These truffles were just as delicious as they sound. The best part? SO easy to whip together. You don’t even have to bake them. Just mix, freeze, dip and cool. Amazing. The only trouble with these treats is that they are bite sized… very dangerous.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- chocolate candy coating (not chocolate chips)
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt and mix on low until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm enough to roll or scoop into 1-inch balls.
- Place rolled balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt candy coating following instructions on the package. Remove a couple of balls from the freezer at a time and dip into the melted candy coating.
- Add small sprinkles on top and place on wax paper to set. If the chocolate pools at the bottom of the ball, dot the balls on the wax paper until most of it is pulled off the ball and then place it on a clean spot of the wax paper to set.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
Source: Adapted from Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles from Of Love and Olive Oil, posted by Bakerella