How can you not want to make this recipe after reading a title like that? Our apartment smelled amazing while this was baking- kind of like peanut butter cookies and banana bread all rolled into one. I made this bread to take to Bible study last night as my weekly dessert contribution. Its hard to believe the semester is almost over and that so many of these girls are going to be graduating from Queens. I am going to miss them SO MUCH! I will make them all promise however to come back and visit me whenever possible. I will bribe them with treats. In all serious though ladies, I’m really excited to see where you will end up next year but I will definitely be sad to see you go!
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz bag of mini Reese’s cups
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease your loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together your bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg, vanilla and sugars.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in your Reese’s Mini cups and spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for approx 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack.
Source: Recipe adapted slightly from Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread by Cookies and Cups