Yesterday was our annual cookie exchange at work and everyone joked that if I made cookies that were too fancy I wouldn’t be invited back next year! So, in order to keep my social life intact I made an old favourite of mine… reindeer cookies. I saw this recipe a few years ago on the Pillsbury website and have been making them almost every Christmas since. I mean, how cute are these reindeer?!
- 1 tube chilled Pillsbury peanut butter or gingerbread cookie dough
- 1 regular sized bag of pretzel twists
- Mini chocolate wafers (or you could use chocolate chips, M&Ms)
- Swedish berry candies (or any round red candy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using your hands, form the entire role of dough into a triangle shape log (one edge is pointed, the rest slightly rounded)
- Slice the dough into approximately 32 even slices
- Place dough slices (pointy side down) on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Gently press two pretzels into the top of the dough slices for antlers.
- Bake cookies for 7-11 minutes or until slightly browned (do not overbake).
- Remove cookies from the oven and immediately press 2 wafers into the cookies for eyes and one Swedish berry near the bottom of the cookie for the nose.
- Recipe yields approximately 32 cookies.
Recipe Source: Recipe adapted from Reindeer Cookies Recipe from Pillsbury