Cookies are not my favourite thing to make. In fact, as far as desserts go I find them a bit boring. I mean, don’t get me wrong. I love a good cookie as much as the next person but lets be honest… a cupcake is so much more fun! Despite their somewhat boring appearance, I couldn’t pass up this recipe. I really like sweet and salty combinations so these cookies sounded totally delicious. I didn’t have time to make a gluten free version but these treats were gobbled up as fast as I could put them out on the plate :)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (12-oz.) packages mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely crushed pretzel sticks
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Beat in chocolate chips and pretzel sticks just until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely (about 15 minutes).
- Recipe yields 3-4 dozen.
Source: Recipe adapted from Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies from My Recipes