One of the things I love about summer cooking is the salads! My new fav is adding barbequed fruit with a nice citrus vinaigrette. If you haven’t tried fruit on the BBQ yet… you are indeed missing out. A fresh berry salad has been my go to salad for a while now… spinach, romaine lettuce, goat cheese, homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette, strawberries, blueberries, cucumber and candied pecans. Candied pecans are super easy to make and taste AMAZING!
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups whole pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place a piece of waxed paper on a cookie sheet.
- Whisk egg white in a small bowl until soft peaks form.
- Slowly stir in cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla. Once incorporated, stir in pecans.
- Spread coated pecans in a single layer over the waxed paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until coating is slightly flaky.
Source: Recipe adapted from Candy Coated Pecans from All Recipes