Dark Chocolate Chunk Fudgee-o Cookies
How can you go wrong with a cookie within a cookie? The original recipe called for Oreos and milk chocolate chips but I decided to change things up a bit. Good thing I need these cookies for something tomorrow night or else they may not have made it past dinner!
- 1 stick softened butter
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ Cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 Fudgee-o cookies, smashed
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.
2. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.
3. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. *I don’t have a cookie scoop so I just made medium sized dough balls with my hands and this worked just fine. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Source: Recipe adapted from The Picky Palate